So, how am I going?
- Finishing a half marathon
Done. Feels like a long time ago now but really did set my year up beautifully. I’d still like to do another one but it’s hard to top running in Maui! There’s a great one in Tasmania in January so perhaps I’ll start my year off with it again!
- Reducing my 5km time. Anything closer to 30 mins will make me happy
My fastest time was in March this year but I haven’t really been anywhere near it again for a while.
- ‘Run sensible’ and injury free – listen to my body and do what it needs, not necessarily what I feel like
This one is still my hardest challenge. My achilles is again being annoying and taking a few days off running feels like forever so I really have to make myself take any longer amount of time. But I’m trying.
- Increase my running habit, gently and carefully. Aiming for 4x per week
I did for a while but it resulted in my current bout of achilles annoying-ness.
- Try out a trail event
Funnily enough, I’m supposed to be going to a night trail event tonight but am having to pass because of my foot. I have done a few solo trail runs over the last few months and have absolutely loved them.
- Get back to my happy running weight (which was about 10kgs ago – oops!)
Er, no. I think I’ve managed to lose 1kg since January. But, on the up side, I haven’t put any more weight on!
- Run as many parkruns as I can
Definitely. I’m up to 16 – 50 club is a long way off yet but I’ll get there!
- Volunteer at parkrun
4 times and another coming up soon. I’m even being brave enough to try new roles – timekeeper up next.
- Be a parkrun tourist at any opportunity I get
I’ve run 4 courses other than my home one and am off to Canberra this weekend so will be trying to do my first interstate run (achilles willing!).
- Most importantly, ‘run happy’ (as the lovely people at Brooks say) and remember why I run – because it clears my head, makes me smile and makes me an all-round nicer person to be around.
Definitely. And this goal is still so much more important than any of the others – so important to remember why I run and not just do it mechanically. I really am a better and happier person for running, which is why I get so frustrated when I can’t!
How are your 2015 goals going? Any you want to change or add to?