This week, I’m joining the link up party with Cynthia at You signed up for what, Mar at Mar on the run and Courtney at Eat Pray Run DC. The theme for this week’s Friday Five is ‘Five trips I’ve taken’ and is a perfect theme for me as, if there’s one thing I love even more than running, it’s travelling! So hard to just choose 5…..
1. Running in Maui, Hawaii. Incredible trip. Probably my favourite at the moment because it’s my most recent overseas holiday. If you haven’t already, check out my blog post about the half marathon I ran while I was there.
2. Our holiday to UAE, Denmark, Sweden, Germany, Belgium and the UK in 2013. We were lucky enough to spend 4 weeks exploring bits of these countries and having some great experiences along the way – riding a camel in the middle of the desert, visiting the original Legoland, overnight train trips, a week on a canal boat touring around the north of England, a mad hatter’s afternoon tea in London – the list goes on. It was indeed a very special trip.
3. Weekend road trips around Victoria. I feel so lucky to live where I do, in the best state in Australia. We have such diverse scenery and none of it is really too far away. I live about an hour from the Great Ocean Road, with it’s spectacular cliffs and breathtaking forests and only a couple hours in the other direction from unique desert habitats. Some of my favourite trips have been taking the camper trailer out to explore the local sights.
4. Campervanning it around New Zealand. If you haven’t been, you must. The scenery is beyond words – you can’t believe anywhere so beautiful can exist, especially down in Fjordland National Park on the South Island.
5. My backpacking adventure when I was 21. Like many Australians, I headed off to backpack in Europe at 21, with my life on my back and a ticket to come home in 6 months. 5 years and lots of adventures later, I finally made it home with a larger bag…. and a husband 🙂
What are your 5 favourite trips? Or 5 trips you’d really like to take?