As well as being a time for reflection, ’tis also the season for setting goals. Here are mine for the coming year…
- Finishing a half marathon
- Reducing my 5km time. Anything closer to 30 mins will make me happy
- ‘Run sensible’ and injury free – listen to my body and do what it needs, not necessarily what I feel like
- Increase my running habit, gently and carefully. Aiming for 4x per week
- Try out a trail event
- Get back to my happy running weight (which was about 10kgs ago – oops!)
- Run as many parkruns as I can
- Volunteer at parkrun
- Be a parkrun tourist at any opportunity I get
- Most importantly, ‘run happy’ (as the lovely people at Brooks say) and remember why I run – because it clears my head, makes me smile and makes me an all-round nicer person to be around.
I probably should add #11 – I will not be a slave to my goals. They are goals, not mandatory edicts that must be fulfilled. I like having something to think about and aim for but #10 really is the most important reason I run and the rest is just ‘stuff’.
What are your running goals for 2015?